Gifts for Moms That Love Wine
The Best Wine Gift For Mom
Wondering what to get your mom for Mother's Day? Trust me, she wants wine. Whether your mother is a diehard wine enthusiast or not, there is nothing more helpful than a glass of wine or a cocktail to round out a long day.
Below you'll find some pottery related gift ideas including our Carafe and Cup Set as well as a list of wine recommendations and cocktail ideas to help you create a well rounded gift for the deserving mom in your life.
Pottery Related Gift Ideas - Carafe and Cup Set
- Our wine carafe + cup set was designed to hold an entire bottle of wine and the matching cup holds 6 ounces, a standard glass of wine pour. The wine carafe can also be purchased alone. And, the best part about this piece is it doubles as a flower vase. The handmade pottery vase stands 7 1/2 inches tall and holds a flower bouquet. Its simple design blends nicely with existing table top decor and dishware so she can use again and again. The set comes in three colors; glossy white, satin grey (shown here), and matte oatmeal.
- We also have a coffee mug and wood plate set that makes for a great gift if she's a coffee lover. The clay pottery mug holds 12 ounces and the natural wood plate compliments the modern mug nicely. She'll enjoy cozying up on the couch with a warm blanket, a book with our coffee mug and wood plate set.
Wine Recommendations To Compliment Our Carafe and Cup Set
- Wine Recommendations Courtesy of My Wine Savvy Sister:
- Michael David Petite Petit Sirah which can be found at Costco for around $14.
- Chappellet Mountain Cuvee Red Blend is always a crowd pleaser. It will cost around $30-$35 and can be found a many wine shops.
- Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc is another options. It will cost around $16 and may be found at Trader Joes as well as your local wine store.
- A family favorite is Justin Cabernet which is available just about anywhere, including Costco and runs anywhere from $20-23 per bottle.
- Affordable Options: I recently enjoyed Food + Wine's article, "50 Affordable Wines You Can Trust". It includes a bunch of options all for under $20. One of our favs included is Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Merlot for around $15.
- New York Sour Cocktail Recipe: We're really into whiskey of late. Our go to cocktail is a New Your Sour. It's equal parts whiskey and sweet and sour (we buy Limeade from Trader Joes which is a little bit of a healthier option). Then, add a little red wine floater on top...it's delish. Our 12 ounce tumbler / ceramic mug is perfect for this cocktail.
- Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipe: With it getting warmer your mom is sure to enjoy a Moscow Mule. Just combine vodka, ginger beer, lime juice together and garnish with a line wedge. We serve these in our 12 ounce ceramic tumbler.
- Boochcraft: While this isn't a wine, its my new favorite drink of choice. Its made in San Diego and popping up everywhere. Boochcraft is California’s first high-alcohol content Kombucha—providing a delicious, organic sparkling beverage with a kick. Kombucha is a health-forward fermented black tea that usually only has a very small trace of alcohol from the fermentation process. However the folks at Boochcraft figured out how to take this already delicious beverage to the next level and bottle it with 7% ABV. Plus, Boochcraft is packed full of probiotics, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. It comes in six different flavors and can be found throughout California. Cheers!