Warm Kale, Sweet Potato + Quinoa Salad with Miso Dressing
Salad Bowl Inspiration
I struggle figuring out what to make for dinner each week so when I find something that everyone enjoys and it is healthy, it instantly makes its way into the weekly rotation.
This Warm Kale, Quinoa + Sweet Potato Salad with Miso Dressing is a family favorite.
Now for the recipe...here's what you'll need:
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup of quinoa based on your liking
- A bunch of kale leaves
- Salt + pepper for roasting the sweet potatoes and to taste for the dish
This simple salad really doesn’t have much of a recipe. Roast the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until tender and cook the quinoa according to the package. Then, combine the potatoes, quinoa and add cut up pieces of kale (for this dish I often by a package of kale from Trader Joes...it saves a little time which is always helpful) and saute everything together until the kale is a little warm.
What brings this dish together is the Miso dressing. The miso, ginger and citrus combo blends nicely together and with the veggies. It's simple, just whisk the following:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 heaping tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I've used some powered from the spice cupboard when I didn't have fresh ginger handy and it worked well)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (if you're in the Cardiff by the Sea area, I suggest you swing by Bump Coffee for orange juice. We love it and try to keep a glass around for mimosas too).
Before transferring from the saute pan to the serving dish, drizzle the dressing into the pan to nicely coat everything. Transfer to a large salad bowl, serve and eat.
This salad goes nicely with my simple dinnerware collection. The salad makes its way to the table in the largest plate from my dinnerware collection which works well as a serving platter or ceramic dish. I then serve the individual salad servings in the medium sized plate which was designed to be the perfect shallow salad bowl. These plates or blates as I call them, are designed to be versatile and work as a plate or a bowl. Modern ceramics made simple and with the minimalist in mind.
Handmade modern pottery coupled with simple, healthy food...now that's simple living.